Vacuum packing of meat is a clever way of preserving, protecting, storing and tenderizing your product. With the VacMaster VP215 Chamer Machine we have a professional choice for meat and food vacuum packaging. This machine can be used in the home kitchen or for commercial use.
It does have a hefty price tag at over $1000 but you get bang for your dollar and if you have a good amount of food that you want to keep well-preserved, then the VacMaster VP215 is worth the outlay. It can be used for many foods types, not only for meat.
I will explain a bit more about the machine but if you’d like to save some time you can watch an excellent video review from an Amazon Top Contributor Reviewer Judy L who has a 14-minute in-depth explanation on her verified purchase with updated comments over time on her VacMaster usage. Just click the above link and scroll down till you get to the Customer Reviews. It should be right at the top, otherwise just change the setting to Top Reviews. It should pop to the top of the list.
If you want to read about the benefits on vacuuming packing meat, go to my article HERE.
VacMaster VP215 description and specs…
The VacMaster VP215 Chamber Machine is engineered for superior performance and has been available since 2011. This alone speaks on the quality of the VacMaster VP215. It is an Amazon Choice product with a 4 1/2 star rating with a 228 customer rating at the time of my article. 80% customer 5 stars.
This machine is efficient, reliable and easy to use. The VacMaster VP215 fits perfectly for small restaurants, lunch bars and delicatessens. It is also an excellent machine used by serious hunters and fishermen. With a 1/4 horsepower rotary oil pump, the VP215 is efficient and dependable, runs fast and quietly with consistent performance.
- Maintenance-free pump
- 10 Inch removable seal bar with double seal wire
- Cycle Time: 20-60 Seconds
- Stainless steel body
- Control panel – adjustable vacuum and seal time, digital time display and pressure indicator
- Maximum Chamber Pouch Size: 10” x 13”
- Chamber Size (WxDxH): 11.25” x 15.25” x 5”
- Overall Dimensions (WxDxH): 14” x 20” x 15”
- Weight: 72 Pounds
- Includes: spacer plates, maintenance kit and manual
- Includes assorted 3-Mil Vacuum Chamber Pouches:
- Size (6″ X 10″)
- Size (8″ X 12″)
- Size (10″ X 13″)
- Seal Pad
- Lid Gasket
- Power Switch
- Vacuum Chamber
- Filler Spacer Plates – Used to occupy space in the chamber. The plates allow for faster vacuum. When more space is occupied, there is less air to be removed from the chamber.
- Seal Bar
- Lid Lock – This feature is used to keep the lid closed while the machine is in storage. DO NOT USE while the machine is operating.
- Control Panel
- Vacuum Gauge- Indicates the vacuum level inside the chamber.
- Function Lights:
- Vacuum – Illuminates to adjust vacuum time as well as during the vacuum process. During set up, adjust the vacuum time using the UP/DOWN Buttons.
A. Sealing – Illuminates to adjust vacuum time as well as during the sealing process. During set up, adjust the sealing time using the UP/DOWN Buttons.
B. Cooling – Illuminates to adjust vacuum time as well as during the cooling process. During set up, adjust the cooling using the UP/DOWN buttons.
C. Working Indicator Light – Illuminates to indicate the machine is in use.
- LED Screen (Time) – Displays current function or cycle time, measured in seconds.
- STOP Button – Press to stop the cycle and immediately seal the pouch. This button will only work when the machine is in the vacuum process.
- SET Button – Press to select the vacuum time, sealing time, or cooling time. Use with the UP/DOWN buttons.
- UP/DOWN Buttons – Press to increase or decrease vacuum time, sealing time, or cooling time.
How does the chamber machine work?
Important: You need to add the supplied oil into the machine before switching on. Follow the easy step by step instruction in the manual. PAGE 6
After turning the machine on and checking the setting. (follow the instruction manual for which setting to use) place the bag of meat into the chamber.
Place that the open end of the bag onto the sealing bar and make sure the entire bag fits inside the chamber. Allow 1” to 2” of extra bag overlap at the top of the bag to ensure a quality, air-tight seal.
When closing the sealing lid, hold the lid down for a few seconds until the suction is sealed keeping the lid closed on its own. Once you see the gauge start moving you can remove your hands from the lid.
Air is, then sucked out of the entire chamber, not just the bag itself. This is allowing air pressure on both the inside and outside of the bag to remain equal as the product stays secure inside the bag pouch.
After some seconds the bag will be fully sealed and air is returned back into the chamber, compressing the bag around the meat.
And there you have it, a completely vacuum sealed meat item ready for storing in the chiller or freezer, perfectly protected. The instruction manual is very well written with easy to follow steps on getting a perfect seal and well presented finished product.
VacMaster Vacuum Bags…
Even though the VacMaster VP215 comes with vacuum bags, you may want to purchase some spare bags as well. It all depends on how often you’ll be using the machine of course. The bag are not expensive and last a very long time when stored in the cupboard.
I hope you have found my article helpful and be sure to watch Judy Ls video review on Amazons customer comments. The VacMaster VP215 is a fine piece of machinery that will well and truly be a welcomed addition to your kitchen or work place. Vacuum packing foods, whether it be meat or others, is the way to go for preserving, safely sealing and protecting your food. Not only for storage but also helping with further tenderizing some of your most favourite meat cuts.