My Lamb Recipes.
Lamb is an Australian favourite meat that we consume a lot of. On Australia Day lamb is heavily promoted as a meal must for that day. Lamb is certainly one of my favourite meats and I love roast lamb lunches. With Australia having a wide range of nationalities across our land, lamb recipes included here are some of those from around the World. I have made everyone listed here and I know you will enjoy these as well. Let me know if you’ve tried them…
GREEK STYLE MARINATED LAMB CHOPS
- 1kg of Lamb Loin Chops.
- 5 00g White Wine
- 160g Olive Oil
- 80g Fresh Parsley chopped coarsely
- 40g Fresh Garlic chopped finely
- 20g Lemon Zest
- 20g Fresh Rosemary Leaves
- Medium pinch of Cracked Black Pepper and medium pinch of Salt.
- Combined all ingredients except Lamb and mix thoroughly.
- Marinade Lamb overnight.
- Cook by Pan Fry or BBQ for 7 to 10 minutes each side or Bake in an oven for 15 to 20 minutes at 180°.
**Order a Butterfly Leg of Lamb and marinade for 3 days. Roast in a baking dish with the fat side facing up. A 1kg Roast will take approx 1hr to 1hr and 20 minutes at 180°. A great Sunday Roast for the family.
TASTY LAMB RAGOUT STEW
- 600g Diced Lamb or Lamb Chops.
- 1 Large Onion chopped large
- 2 Garlic Cloves chopped or minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ginger chopped fine
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon White Pepper Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dry Rosemary Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons Plain Flour
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- Cooking Oil
- Combine Cumin, Pepper, Salt, Rosemary and Flour together. Roll Lamb in Flour seasoning mix.
- In a saucepan heat oil and fry onion, garlic and ginger until soft.
- Add Lamb and cook until brown and then add can of diced tomatoes and 1 cup of water.
- Bring to boil stirring occasionally.
- Cover and turn down heat and let simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour until meat is tender. Stir occasionally.
Serve over Penne Pasta or mashed potato. Garnish with a little fresh chopped parsley if desired. Spice the next one with a little chilli during cooking. Great recipe for Pork Tenderloin and Beef.
MIDDLE EASTERN LAMB KEBABS
An easy recipe for anyone to make.
- 500g Diced Lamb steaks or Lamb Fillets
- 1 Garlic Clove crushed
- 1 Teaspoon grated Ginger
- Grated Rind and Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 Teaspoon of Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Gravy Powder
- Sour Cream for dipping
- 8-10 Bamboo Skewers soaked in water for 15 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients, mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Thread marinated Lamb onto skewers.
- Pan fry or BBQ for 6-7 minutes or until cooked.
Serve with Sour Cream or Tzatziki Dip with a crisp green salad.
** Pork or Chicken can be substituted for Lamb. Add 1/2 Teaspoon of Chilli Flakes to spice it up.
CHILLI LAMB PITA POCKETS
- 500g Lamb Steak cut into thin strips or Lamb Fillet thin strips.
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1 Can Baked Beans
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Coriander chopped
- 6 Small Pita Breads
- Shredded Lettuce Leaves or Tabouli
- 1/2 Cup Grated Cheddar Cheese or other Tasty Cheese.
- Cooking Oil
- Heat oil in a Sauce Pan and brown Lamb well.
- Reduce heat and add Baked Beans, Water, Tomato Paste, Sweet Thai Chilli Sauce and Coriander. Stir cooking until thickens.
- Split Pita Breads to form an opening and fill with Lamb mix. Use a spoon.
- Top with shredded Lettuce or Tabouli and sprinkle with grated cheese.
Serve and enjoy. A great summer snack.
LAMB FILLET AND PRUNE MEDALLIONS
- 8 Lamb Fillets Tenderized Flat
- 8 Dry Pitted Prunes plus 1/2 cup chopped prunes
- 1/2 Cup Dry Apricots chopped
- 1/3 Cup Dry Raisins or Sultanas (optional)
- 1/2 Cup Almonds or any other nuts
- Plain Flour
- 1 Cup of Wine. Red or White to your taste
- Toothpicks for fastening
- Cooking Oil
- Frying Pan with a Lid
- Roll Lamb Fillets around Whole Prune. Overlap a little and fasten with toothpicks. You may get more than 1 medallion from each Lamb Fillet depending on the size. Just make more.
- Roll Lamb Medallions in flour.
- Heat oil in pan and cook Lamb until brown 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped Prunes, Apricots, Raisins and Almonds over Lamb.
- Pour Wine over Lamb add Lid and turn heat down to simmer. 10-15 minutes or until flour thickens into a gravy sauce.
Serve with mashed potatoes or Cous Cous. A little sweetness with lamb is great for a change.
LAMB AND EGGPLANT STEW
- 500g Diced Lamb
- 2 Medium Eggplants sliced
- 2 Small Onions sliced
- 2 Tins Diced or Crushed Tomatoes.
- 2 Tablespoon Turmeric. (If not available use 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder)
- Cooking Oil
- Preheat oven to 220° line a baking tray with baking paper. Arrange eggplants on tray and drizzle oil over slices. Bake for 25 minutes or until brown. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a Saucepan and cook Onions until soft.
- Add Lamb, stir and cook until brown.
- Add Turmeric, Tomatoes and Eggplant and stir gently to combine.
- Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
Season to taste and serve with buttered warm bead rolls.
** Substitute lamb for beef, chicken or pork and add chilli to spice it up if you like.
LAMB FILLET SALAD WITH CHILLIES AND FETA YOGHURT DRESSING
- 500g Lamb Fillet diced in diagonals 3cm
- 100g Feta Cheese Crumbled
- 6 Tablespoons Natural Plain Yoghurt
- 1 Fresh Chilli De-seeded finely chopped
- 8 Salad Leaves sliced (any you like)
- 4 Tomatoes chopped roughly
- Salt and Pepper
- Cooking Oil
- Lightly season Lamb with Salt and pepper and pan fry until cooked. 5-7 minutes.
- To make dressing, combine feta, yoghurt and chill in a bowl and mix well.
- Arrange salad and tomatoes onto serving plates. Top with lamb and dollops of dressing.
Serve with toasted bread or pita bread.
** For a twist add some thin sliced grilled Haloumi Cheese. Substitute Chilli with a teaspoon of Sweet Thai Chilli Sauce for a different taste.
For my selection of great meat recipe books click HERE…